“Building a Better World: Partnering with Youth”
About the Program:
International Youth Day (IYD) is a unifying banner from which individuals can draw the inspiration to take action and initiatives. The the me chosen for International Youth Day 2012 – “Building a Better World: Partnering with Youth” – is a global call to action for young men and women, as well as other stakeholders around the world, to develop and engage in partnerships with and for youth towards building a better world.
International Youth Day 2012 provides an important opportunity to build upon the priorities of the Secretary-General’s Action Agenda, as well as to respond to calls from youth organizations and UN Member States around the world to strengthen mechanisms for partnerships with young people by exploring various and innovative ways that the United Nations, Member States, civil society, the private sector, academia and philanthropists effectively partner and collaborate with young people, especially in the areas of employment, entrepreneurship, political inclusion, citizenship and protection of rights, and education, including on sexual and reproductive health.
Now, BYES is going to celebratethe day with youths drawing the inspiration to take action.
Activities of the program:
- A presentation on ‘Building a better world: partnering with youth’ by UN.
- Team Work on“Think Globally, Act Locally”
- Panel Discussion on “Youth-Adult partnership in building better society”
- Sign Up& Making comments.
Event Date: August 12, 2012(from 10:00 am-12:30pm)
American Center Auditorium, US Embassy Extension
Plot No-1, ProgatiSharani, J-Block Baridhara Residential Area, Dhaka (Beside Noton Bazar Moor), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Qualifications to apply:
The participant has to be a student of Undergrad level preferably from 1st year to fourth year of any University/ College of Bangladesh.
- Working in a team and presentation
- Interactive Discussion
- Signing up
Once you are short listed, you will be notified through email. Get updates from: www.facebook.com/byes.bd
- Your understanding on Young Engagement
- Your intention and commitment to Social Activism
- Good Communication and insightful write up
- Certification on appreciation of participation.
- Best write ups will be awarded and featured in social media, BYES blog.
- learning global approach, interacting & sharing your views, thoughts with likeminded people
August 5, 2012 before 12.oo PM. (Late submissions will not be considered)
Contact for more details:
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/byesbd
Cell phone: 01841 664166 (Jillur Rahim), 01911 101258(Ashique)